Friday, July 19, 2002

Molly Ivins on Enron & the 'Culture of Permissibility' - Whether it's Blame Clinton or Blame the Investors, she calls this theory exactly what it is: bullshit. Here's a taste: "According to this theory, you, me and Joe Doaks made Ken Lay do it. Came as a surprise to me, too. Naturally, as a liberal, I just love guilt, so I was ready to sign right up for this one, but try as I may, I can't get it to make a lick of sense."

Randall Bramblett is my new best friend! - That's not, strictly speaking, true. But his new album, No More Mr. Lucky is absolutely amazing. Deeply American music, with flavors of funk, pop, rock and country, great lyrics and solid musicianship, it's been a fixture in my CD player for the last month. It's one of those rare albums that seems to get a little better with each listen.

No comments: