Monday, July 08, 2002

Okay, I'm back, but I haven't really had a chance to surf, read, or do anything else other than catching up with my life. Carrie picked up some furniture and sundries while I was gone, so I'm having to adapt the living room. And I had about 250 pics from Michigan to get online for them of you what care about such things. Luckily, Carrie also took the TV (gift from her mom), so I've had plenty of time to get stuff done. And now it's close to midnight, and I'm just now starting to feel tired. Man, vacations are a lot of work.

But this one performed it's desired function. Not only did I get to spend a week slacking off (and reading) in the company of people I love, but that special vacation magic happened: I walked in the door, sunburnt, unshaven, and ripe from the road, to a house in chaos, but I can't help smiling because it feels so good to be back and setting about the work of building my life as artfully as possible.

Of course, then I got to work and my computer had died while I was gone, leaving me to twiddle my thumbs, clean my desk, and actually use the phone to communicate. The phone! Can you imagine? I'm thinking of calling OSHA. This is unacceptable.

No comments: