Tuesday, September 17, 2002

It's one of those moments. I should be trying to figure out how to structure this query I need to build, but, as has been happening all too often lately, my brain is being uncooperative. It would rather think about ... and here we are again in the realm of how much do I put on my blog about what's going on in my life. If this were an anonymous blog, I could write all I want about my iffy emotional state, but as it is I can't help but think of what people will think. I'm abstaining from romance right now, but that won't last forever. Do I really want a girl to come home from a date with me, google me (hey, I'd google her), and end up reading what I was thinking and feeling while trying to get over my divorce?

It's a dialectic, really, between privacy and openness. I don't particularly want to do the stoic guy bullshit thing where I always pretend I'm fine. But I don't want to do the shrinking violet emotionally scarred thing, either. I'll follow the same rules in blog as I do in life, I guess. If you want to know, ask. And if asked, I promise to tell the truth. Mostly. As much as I'm capable of, anyway, given the limits of objectivity and my own need to edit reality to make a better story.

No comments: