Thursday, December 26, 2002

Well, I'm back, and spent most of the day at work trying to muster the brain cells and get a little done. But, O Lord! it's hard. I was out of town for 4 days for Thanksgiving, then back for 7, then gone for seven, then back for 8, then gone for 2 1/2, now I'm back for 4 or 5, then off again for another couple of days (New Years). As a result, my sleep cycle is decimated, and my house is a mess. Naturally, then, tonight I'm going over to the new Kenpo studio to help paint and plaster.

There's no real significance to any of this, by the way, I just sort of feel like whining, and since I live alone, you get to hear it.

Christmas was good. I was teetering on the edge of saying "great" there for a second, but it didn't quite have enough staying power, or feel quite real enough to tip the scales into "great" territory. Just 24 hours ago, I was laughing and eating pie in my brother's dining room, with my grandmother on my right and my niece on my left. There was lots of love and laughter, and I got to spend time with most of the folks on my must-hang list, and I'll see the rest over New Year's, if all goes as planned, and I see no reason why it shouldn't.

No comments: