Thursday, December 05, 2002

Why It's Good That I Live Alone - Yesterday, as you all know, I was in a black, black mood. Grumbled in solitude. Blogged about it. Watched Macbeth. Did laundry. Recycled some junk mail. I paused before throwing out one of the catalogs and decided to flip through it before pitching it. As I did so, I found three or four potential gifts. From "I hate Christmas! I hate shopping!" to "Ooh, my parents'd really like that!" in just a few hours.

Woke up this morning with such toxic thoughts that I screamed "Fuck!" and punched the wall while I was in the shower. Just now, I caught myself whistling Christmas carols.

Clearly, I am insane.

On that theme, here's a poem I wrote a while ago:

   Snow on a just-bloomed magnolia blossom:
   If this is Missouri weather,
   then I have a Missouri mind.

No comments: