Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Part of me feels like last night was just another night, even though there was some silliness with bubbly around about midnight. Just another night with good friends. And part of me feels like it's another year. The refinance on the house finally went through, which means the credit cards get paid off, and my mortgage payment goes down, so I can start building up savings. I feel like I've turned a corner in getting over Carrie, and that my relationship with her is in the process of changing from was-wife into whatever it's going to end up being, which makes this an interesting time to be me.

At the beginning of 2001, I thought I knew what was coming, and that was the year my wife left me. At the beginning of 2002, I had no fucking clue what was coming, but I figured things had to get better. Turns out I was right. Neither they nor any of the previous years can help me prepare for 2003. It's just life, coming down the mountain. It's a small consolation that the big changes almost never come on the big days (at least, not in my life so far), so I figure I've got a few weeks before I need to worry about any new life-changing experiences.

No comments: