Thursday, February 06, 2003

Fuck off, I'm full!
I made the mistake of going to Hardee's for lunch today. Dunno what came over me, but I had a sudden craving for a Frisco Burger. Actually, what I was craving was really a Frisco Chicken Sandwich, but they stopped serving them years ago, and the Frisco Burger was an almost acceptable substitute. Except there's no Frisco Burger anymore, it's now a 1/3 lb. Thickburger on Sourdough, which is a massive edifice of meat on a buttered sourdough roll with bacon, mayonaise, tomato, and lettuce. My first thought on seeing their new menu, which is all "Thickburgers" of one kind or another, was to say, "No thanks" and drive away. But there was a car in front of me, a car behind me, and concrete on either side, so girded my loins and ordered the massive mound of meat (on sourdough). My second thought was that I was a frog in increasingly hot water, and that Hardee's wasn't going to be satisfied until I was consuming a good 5 pounds of beef at each meal, if even then.

I love food. I eat beef. I think fat is good. But this was just too much fucking food.

No comments: