Tuesday, March 04, 2003

There are times in a man's life when he's got no choice but get the hell out of Dodge, when the cruft of mixed metaphors and lived life has built up to the point that you can hardly fucking move, and the only way out is to put some goddamn miles in the goddamn rearview mirror. My people are a wandering people, explorers with a whispering wind in their ear that lured them to places like California, Wyoming, and, um, Kansas. It's time I stepped up and out of my hole, put my foot to the road, and let adventure have her way with me, the wanton wench. Yes, that's right, I'm going...on vacation.

Not yet, actually. In two weeks. And I'll try and do a little blogging from the road, because, well, because I'll be in fucking Japan, and while I'm certainly leery of the thought of spending my precious time away surfing the web, of wasting time writing life instead of living it, the thought of posting to my blog from Tokyo makes my little geeky heart sing, just a little.

I just wanted to give you the chance to emotionally prepare yourself for a couple weeks of Mikelessness. You'll probably be fine, but if you find yourself feeling short of breath or just listlessly clicking from site to site, please, get help.

No comments: