Friday, March 07, 2003

Watching Bush on TV last night, it occurred to me that we very much have the president we deserve. In the last presidential election, 24% of us voted for Bush, 24% for Gore, 1% Nader, and 51% for "Whatever." It gives me an idea for a "Get Out the Vote" ad. I want to make it very clear that this idea is not copyrighted. I mean, if you put it up on your blog and tell people it was your idea, then, sure, you're a bad person and I reserve the right to tell you so. But if you find yourself in a meeting discussing possible strategies for getting out the vote, feel free to throw this idea on the table. In fact, please do. No matter what your political persuasion. And if you're a better graphic artist than me (and most of you probably are), then feel free to create it and send it to me. In fact, let's make it a contest. The person who creates the best version of this ad will receive an email from me, saying, "Wow, that's really good." You know you want it.

Here it is: The graphic is a ballot with three choices on it, "Smith", "Jones", and "Screw Me". A hand is marking the box next to "Screw Me". The caption says, "When you don't vote, you're voting."

No comments: