Thursday, April 24, 2003

For the last couple of days, I've been working on templates for version 2.0 of one of our web sites, and I'm finding Color Cop to be incredibly useful. It's small, clean, and easy to use, and once you've started using it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. What does it do? Oh, yeah. First of all, it lets you grab the hex code for any color you can see on your screen. And if you're looking to match colors, the program'll recommend complementary colors, or you can manipulate the hue, saturation, and luminence of the color you grabbed.

If you're looking to increase your understanding of colors and color matching, I recommend Interior Color by Design, by Jonathan Poore. I bought it because I want to redecorate my house, and I wanted to get a little funky but still look good. Unfortunately, I know about enough about color to dress myself, which is not enough to feel safe getting funky with my living space. This is a good book for beginners, and contains a simple, practical introduction to color theory no matter what environment you plan to use it in.

No comments: