Tuesday, September 16, 2003

As further evidence that my life operates more by the rules of fiction than by the rules of, well, life, after Aritae's post on Carrie, which got me thinking about the divorce, then swapping a few emails with another divorced friend who asked me how everything was going, prompting me to ponder once again, I was downtown writing at my preferred coffeehole when who should walk in but Carrie? We talked briefly, then she got on with meeting who she was meeting, and I got on with trying to get the words right for a story.

At the end of the evening, I had to walk around the block a few times, but that was a function of a little too much coffee combined with the buzz of writing something good. As near as I can tell, running into my ex-wife (well, as I was sitting still, technically she ran into me) didn't do much more than jiggle the needle.

No comments: