Wednesday, September 17, 2003

At some point Sunday afternoon I had one of those epiphanal moments when I realized that there are only so many women in the world who really get me, and I've found one of them, and ain't I lucky?

For those who are interested, the moment was when El Mariachi is riding away from the bad guys on a motorcycle with a guitar cart attached to the back, but two of the bad guys jump on the cart, but El pulls the pin out of the trailer hitch, and rides off, leaving the cart behind, and as it slows down I'm thinking, "That's it?!" but then this truck comes out of nowhere at exactly the right time, and I found myself laughing at the carnage on screen, but it was okay, because Christie laughed at the same moment, so at least I wasn't alone.

However, the woman in front of us did keep look back at us, wondering, apparently, what kind of insensitive son of a bitch laughs at death. Um, that would be me. And her. Ain't love grand?

Oh, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico kicks ass, but I forgive you if you don't think it's funny.

No comments: