Friday, December 12, 2003

Bits and Pieces
I. Cringely's got a nice couple of columns on the voting machines issue. Here's the first, and here's the second.

I just got word that Silvatica passed her thesis defense, and is now officially a geographer. Or a forester. Geoforester? Possibly a ranger. But definitely the Mistress of Her Domain, and not in a Seinfeldian sense. At least, not exclusively in the Seinfeldian sense. I wouldn't actually know about that, and if I asked, her boyfriend would probably give me one of those looks. Anyway, she's the closest thing I've got to a sister, and she's been working her tail off on this thing, so pop something bubbly and toast her success.

Another side to those job loss stories.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll be damned if I can think of it right now. Must be Friday.

No comments: