Monday, June 14, 2004

I'd like to artfully evoke the last week of futzing with the house and working on work, but I worked too hard in the heat and dust and cat dander yesterday, so my neck and sinuses have my head in a full nelson and I'm just not up to it. Instead, I'll just have to tell you that my house was apparently wired by somebody's drunk uncle, and the blinking and brightening lights were scaring Christie and freaking out the UPS that keeps my computer happy, so my spare cycles have been used up on learning about electricity, with precious little time and energy left over for blogging.

But I do have a couple of things to share:

First of all, if you live in eastern Missouri, please consider firing Kenny Hulshof and sending Linda Jacobsen to Congress in his place. I got to talk with her for a while yesterday evening, and she strikes me as worth your vote. Hulshof's got a reputation as a nice guy and responsive to his constituents, but he has, for the most part, marched in lockstep with the incompetent morons who are ruining our country and done nothing for our state. Don't send him back for more of the same.

Secondly, Christie's leaving tonight for ten days or so of fun in the sweltering heat of New Orleans, hanging with her parents and spending her professional development money. I expect a few hours of exhilaration, followed in close order by nihilism, despondency and despair, mitigated only by escapism, until she returns to find my ass fused to the couch. Or I might go crazy-busy, cleaning, building, filing, etc. to keep my mind off man's inhumanity to man and my own insignificance when faced with the vastness of the universe. Either way, it should be entertaining for youse guys, which is the most important thing after all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting, so I must go pretend to contribute.

No comments: