Wednesday, November 03, 2004

These are the things that matter to me: The way Christie's breath changes when I kiss her just so, the way my grandfather's try square fits in my hand, a good meal coming together, the laughter of friends, the smell of oak sawdust, a door closing properly after I've worked on it, finding the right words, and telling a good story. Compared to these things, politics is a fly buzzing in my ear on a beautiful fall day.

I'm less than a week shy of being 34 years old, and there were only eight of those years in which I actually liked the man who was president. This is just more of the same.

Don't get me wrong, I think George W. Bush has the potential to totally screw up the country, but he can only do as much damage as we the people let him. And I'll be damned if I let him start off by stopping me from having a good time.

No comments: