Thursday, December 23, 2004

The gifts are bought and wrapped, the laundry is done, cookies distributed, and one or two presents opened just, well, just because. Without going into details, I think it's safe to say that Christie earned her stripes as Best Wife Ever. Okay, I'll go into details. She got me this.

On the work front, the templates are done, the project's handed off, and I've got nothing to do until the New Year except write a little documentation and do run some routine queries. No more laying awake at night wondering if the header tabs should be in canary yellow and hot pink, and whether putting all the links in blink tags was a good idea. Life, as they say, is good. But the boss loves short deadlines, and the thread holding up the other sword is getting thinner by the day. So I'm not going to be eating bonbons with my feet up for too long.

Not much to say, really. I'm off to Kansas City to commune with family, give and receive gifts, and attend church (if I don't go once a year, I feel all icky; same thing if I go much more). If you can't be with your loved ones this season, love the ones you're with. But hopefully you'll be surrounded with family and friends, someplace you can kick back with some spiced cider, a new pair of slippers, and a big stack of owner's manuals and assembly instructions to read in front of a roaring gas log fireplace.

Be safe, be kind, and be happy.

No comments: