Monday, March 07, 2005

I've been itching to blog, but about what? I've started a couple of posts, but gave them up when it became clear there was no there there, and that they said their nothing in a boring way. There are a few memes out there tiptoeing through the blogs I read, but they're not a road I want to go down. States I've visited? Been there, done that. States I've lived in? Two. Boring. States I've had sex in? I grew up about ten blocks from the state line, and still I had to tax my brain to come up with six. This is starting to get depressing.

And then there's the latest: Ten Things I’ve Done That You Probably Haven’t. Oh, I am so not gonna go there. For one thing, when left to my own devices, I'm a pretty tame creature. But I have adventurous friends, which means that I have done some crazy things, but I usually have company. So I might list that I've wandered naked through a national park, but I know for a fact that at least one person who reads this blog has done the same. Probably more than one, knowing this crowd. Most of you probably never caught a Dead show, but I'm sure a few of you did. Gotten an arm-wrestling lesson from a former professional? Hmmm, maybe I'm not so boring after all. Supported myself for a year on less than $8,000. Yeah, that was fun. "Repaired" a muffler with baling wire and a tin can? Just once. Chewing tobacco? Let's stop while I still have your respect.

No comments: