Tuesday, September 06, 2005

From a Louisiana law firm's web page:
Louisiana Criminal Negligence
LA R.S. 14:12

"Criminal negligence exists when, although neither specific nor general criminal intent is present, there is such disregard of the interest of others that the offender's conduct amounts to a gross deviation below the standard of care expected to be maintained by a reasonably careful man under like circumstances."


Christie and I caught a big hunk of Meet the Press yesterday. Enough, at least, to see Aaron Broussard break down describing the death of a coworker's mother due to lack of aid, and enough to hear the Mississippi governor, a Republican, say, "Well, I can't speak for Louisiana, but we've gotten a lot of help, and things are going great." Apparently having a Republican governor makes all the difference in the world when it comes to this sort of thing.

My wife's hometown has been destroyed, because the Republicans running our government had better things to spend our money on than shoring up the levees. Thousands of people have died because the Republicans in charge of our national emergency management system all seem to think it was somebody else's problem. Millions of people have no homes, jobs, or property because the Republicans in Washington think it's safe and prudent to ignore scientific studies if they tell you something that makes you unhappy.

I will not forget this, and I will not forgive it. These motherfuckers have been asking what our government can do for them since the day they took office, and I will not vote for one of their tribe again. My friends can tell me all they want that all politicians are bad, and that both parties are corrupt. That attitude is a great way to keep the kleptocrats in office. Maybe, just maybe, the dynamic will someday change, and when it does, I'll reconsider my position.

In the meantime, I will not vote for anyone who supported that sonuvabitch George Bush in his efforts to drive this country into the ground, and I will consider D for Democrat to be a sign that the name that comes before it may belong to a no-good, rotten son of a bitch, but at least he's a no-good, rotten, son of a bitch who knows he's got a job to do while he's sucking at the public tit.

No comments: