Monday, January 16, 2006

Posts have been a little sparse here lately, so I feel obligated to fill you in on my 2006 antics. The weeks have been taken up with work and the usual business of keeping body and soul together and the house in good shape. As usual, then, the weekends are where the action's happening:

Weekend One: We tore out the shelving and carpet from the master closet, painted the walls, stick-tiled the floor, and put up wire-shelving. It was a long weekend for most folks, but I had to work on Monday, so Christie stayed home and put stuff away while I went in to work. Nothing much to report on this one except for sore muscles and the shiny happy feelings that come with a clean, organized closet. And yes, Rita, pictures will be forthcoming.

Weekend Two: Theron, Dionne and Kelyn came to visit. There was much doing of nothing, or, at least, nothing much structured. King Kong was seen (eh.), a picture frame was built (in record time, thanks to my new Christmas toys!), food was eaten, and TV was watched. A most excellent weekend, but not much to report.

Weekend Three: Christie's grandparents came to visit. Um, wow. Yeah. I don't have the words. Those of you who know Christie and I in real life can imagine (until we see you in person and can tell you the stories), and the rest of you will just have to wonder. Mary and Rita, you have my utmost respect. Again, Monday's a holiday, and again I have to work and Christie does not. If there is any justice in the world, she's at home playing Zelda and eating bon-bons.

No comments: