Friday, February 03, 2006

The wonderful thing about being my friend is that you get to hear the same stories told over and over again until everybody can sing along. Seriously. It's not a bug; it's a feature.

Now, I know a lot of those same friends read this blog. But I have at least two readers who don't know me in real life, and have never had the opportunity to be bored by these stories. I hereby resolve to remedy this situation as soon as I can think of one of my boring old stories which don't involve doing things so recklessly stupid as to cause my mother in law to question my fitness to provider her with grandchildren.

So don't hold your breath.

In the meantime, though, I can tell you that when I was first learning to cook, I was so habitually broke that a kitchen timer seemed like an unreachable extravagance. If the recipe said "bake for 9-10 minutes", I'd flip through the CDs until I found one with two songs in a row that added up to about that time, and play those songs as a timer. If you have to know where I got that idea, then you've clearly never seen Hudson Hawk. And, frankly, you should probably keep it that way. Personally, I think it's a great flick, but everyone else in the entire world seems to think it sucks.

2 comments:

cleek said...

I've never heard it from you, but perhaps you can tell us a story about being set on fire.

Mike said...

Well, see, Theron and I were in the bathroom together with the lights off, and, um, I don't know if society is quite ready.