Thursday, April 06, 2006

So Kate came in the other day and told us that there is a yellow jacket nest right by our front door. Being kind of a dumbass, I go right out to check it out and dump some bug killer on it, then come back inside to do some research. Luckily, they weren't yellow jackets, just ground-dwelling bees. I say luckily, because I ran across resources like this one, which gives instructions on how to build a yellow jacket trap using a whole fish as bait, and this one which suggests that the most important thing in destroying a nest is planning your escape route. Jeesh! I never thought I'd be glad to just have bees living in my yard.

Alas, Christie's allergic, and I'm a wuss, so the bees have got to go. Unfortunately, I'm finding holes all over the damn yard, so this could be a bit of a challenge.

No comments: