Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm bummed about all the gay marriage bans that passed across the country, but not exactly suprised. The gay marriage conversation only started a few years ago, and it takes people a while to get used to an idea like that. Christie was the first person I heard suggest that the government ought to get out of the marriage business altogether, and just do civil unions for everyone, regardless of gender. Now, though, I'm hearing that call from a number of people. As one pundit put it, "I keep hearing about the sanctity of marriage. Since when is it the business of government to sanctify things?"

On the bright side, I think every single minimum wage increase passed. That's a strong sign that people across this country are not happy to see the economic growth going exclusively to the Paris Hilton crowd.

1 comment:

Karl said...

Back online me - how does the saying go? You can't legislate morality - never worked, never will.