Monday, February 26, 2007

Getting Things Done

NextAction is an easy way to keep track of your projects if you're using Getting Things Done. I'm rereading the book right now, and I was laying in bed last night envisioning how I might fit all my to-dos into a database, then control the display so I only saw what was directly relevant. NextAction doesn't do everything I envisioned, but it's got an incredibly small footprint, and it lives in my browser, but is purely local, not on a server somewhere, which means not only can I access it easily when I'm not online, but also I don't have to worry about who has access to my data, which I would if it were actually online.

I mean, it's not like I work for defense contractors or the NSA, but I do sometimes work on stuff we'd like to surprise to our competitors with, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments: