Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm just pulling out of the Wendy's parking lot, munching on some fries and listening to Big Smith with the window down, enjoying the weather, and I pull up to the stop light. A car pulls up next to me and revs its engine. Not just an accidental rev, either, but a deliberate, 'wanna race' kinda rev. I look over, and sure enough, the guy in the next car is looking at me. He holds my gaze a beat, looking just a tetch hostile, then looks back at the road, revs his engine again, just in case I missed his point.

Here's the deal, though: there are five cars in front of him, and I've got three cars and a cement mixer. This is not exactly what I'd call a drag racing opportunity.

So what else is it? I don't have any bumper stickers, so it's not political. Can't be about race, since we're both white. That pretty much leaves class, and he might have something to prove as he's behind the wheel of a pimped out Honda Civic. But I'm in a freaking Ford Focus. What's the point?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He thought you were sexy?
--Dawn