Thursday, April 12, 2007

Still wondering if there's reason to impeach Gonzales? How about this? On what grounds can you possibly justify jailing someone for a year (or deporting them to Pakistan) for filling out a voter registration card?

When I first registered to vote, I wasn't 18 yet, but I turned 18 the day of the election. My reading of election law seemed to indicate that was good enough, but I wasn't sure. I registered anyway. I assumed that it was an application, and that if I wasn't qualified to vote, they wouldn't send me the voter ID card. If these ass clowns had been in power then, I could have been locked up for wanting to do my patriotic duty!

The only way this could be seen as a good thing would be if your goal was to suppress voter registration in marginal populations, and you didn't care about destroying a few lives along the way.

Oh. Right.

No comments: