Thursday, May 10, 2007

Today was just one of those days. I woke up cranky, and every thought, every question, request or need rides on my mind like a wool sweater on dry winter skin. Unanswerable questions, insoluble problems, and bugs that will never make it to the top of the priority list are all a daily part of my job, but today I've been having to bite my tongue every time one comes up to keep from snapping at any of a dozen people who don't deserve it. The closest I've been to a good mood was the hour or two I spent buried in a query, pulling in data to make it give up the goods.

Now I've got this twinge behind my eye, like a burgeoning migraine. Is the migraine the reason for the crank, and the pain is only just now arriving? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Or am I just giving myself a headache from banging my head relentlessly against the brick wall of my own pissiness? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened either.

No clue. But I can't take a nap, so I'm going to pop an Imitrex, eat some sugar, and hope things are better by tonight, cuz we're babysitting, and I don't want to not enjoy it.

Update: Imitrex killed the headache and most of the cranky. The quick nap I took when I got home killed the rest. Life is once again joyful.

No comments: