Thursday, July 19, 2007

I just got back from the eye doctor. We had a nice long talk about Harry Potter. His big worry is that he's got guests coming in this weekend, so he won't be able to read. He's particularly afraid he'll overhear someone in the waiting room talking about it.

Me: Just put a sign up in the waiting room: "Harry Potter spoilers will be severely punished!"

Him: No: Dilated! With the really nasty, long-lasting stuff!

Me: That ought to do the trick.

Him: I probably couldn't get away with that, though. Too bad.

3 comments:

cleek said...

Did you tell him that he might want to stay away from you until after he's read the book?

Mike said...

If history's any guide, I won't be seeing him for a few years probably. But I'm going to be good this time. I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

No matter how much it hurts.

I just wish I didn't read faster than Christie.

salomesmile said...

I finished it as of about 3 a.m. Sunday (today), and now I have to wait for my three guys to read it before I can talk about it with anyone at home. Gah!

It looks like Jack is going to be reading it aloud to Robin, with Will pretending not to listen. While I think it's a fantastic family togetherness kind of plan, it means it'll be a while before I can have a conversation about the ending in my own house.