Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You know that whole fertility thing? The thing where Christie and I were told we couldn't get pregnant without significant surgery?

Well, surprise! It was to us, at least. Still is, really.

Now, it's early. Much earlier than most folks tell people, but my audience for this blog is mostly family and friends, many of whom we've already told. More than that, though, this blog is where I write through what's on my mind, and what's on my mind now is pretty much just that one thing, and if I can't write about that one thing, then this blog is going to get pretty fucking useless (too late, I know).

So, expect a few more links to daddy blogs and pictures of cool baby gear. Also the occasional cool nursery. And expect many, many self-indulgent posts in which I will pretend to be the first man ever in the history of the world to have a pregnant wife, and share my insights as though they were actually interesting. Should be a good time for all.

More to come. Much, much more.

Oh, and if you know me in real life, and you see me staring vacantly off into space, now you know what I'm probably thinking about.

5 comments:

Karl said...

Congratulations!!!!!! We are now two and a half weeks into having a child and are loving every second of it. Jes is able to stay home with him and I am very jealous.

Heather said...

Ohhhh! Congratulations, Mike! Brian and I are so happy for you and Christie!

MatildaBonaparte said...

Congratulations!!

Mike said...

Thanks, guys.

Anonymous said...

A thousand congratulations! Callooh! Callay!

Dawn