Sunday, December 30, 2007

Grr. The left touch pad button on my personal laptop is acting up. And its battery life is more or less non-existent. Basically, it's becoming the laptop equivalent of my first car (a 1974 Super Beetle). And I can't even do something cool to fix the problems, like wiping the hard drive and installing Linux, because they're all hardware problems.

Given infinite resources, I'd replace it with something small and sexy. Yeah, that's not going to happen. At least not until the kid is out. And in school. And maybe done with college.

At some point, I may decide to take the damn thing apart to replace the touch pad assembly and invest the $100 bucks in a new battery. That's a bit more doable than a new laptop, but, admittedly, not nearly as exciting.

In the meantime, I'll be rocking it old school, with a mouse and a power cord. Jeez, at this point, I might as well get my data over wires, too! It's like I'm living in the dark ages here.

No comments: