Monday, December 24, 2007

I'm not suggesting that Missouri's concealed carry law is responsible for the recent increase in handgun violence in Missouri. Nor am I suggesting that the 16 year old girl who recently got mad and shot at her mother's house here in Columbia, the feuding would-be gang bangers shooting at each other's cars, or any of the other people letting loose around here are licensed carriers of concealed weapons.

But I do feel the need to quietly and respectfully point out that the proponents of concealed firearms who felt that more guns on the street would improve public safety might, just might, have been mistaken, and that I personally do not feel safer at the idea of them shooting back.

I'm sure that's just because I'm a knee jerk liberal, however. You know how we are.

No comments: