Tuesday, February 12, 2008

For your stalking convenience

Where I'll be tonight: Richard Thompson's 1000 Years of Popular Music

Update: Fantastic concert. If you ever have a chance to see this show, I recommend it. I also recommend his ordinary concerts. He's been a working musician for 50 years and is really good at it. But 1000 Years of Popular Music manages to be fun and interesting at the same time. There was an intermission, and we spent it talking about the history of the world, pop culture, human nature, and what professors from college we wished we'd thought to tell about the concert.

I laughed, I rocked out a bit, I learned some stuff, and I remembered things I'd forgotten long ago. And I think I got a bit of insight into what it is to be human through the lens of what we choose to make art about.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That looks like a great concert. How was it?