Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tuesday Thoughts

I'm fine that it's still undecided, and I don't think the long season is going to hurt the Dems. I think it's great that so many more Ds showed up to vote than Rs; that has me optimistic for the fall. But I wrote about hope on Monday, so today I'm going to tell you what I fear:

I fear a McCain/Huckabee ticket. McCain has a reputation as a straight talker, even though he's moved firmly into "say anything to get elected" land. Except, thank god, about torture. And Huckabee comes off as affable and folksy, even though his policy proposals are either yet another step toward theocracy or economically disastrous. And his foreign policy knowledge is, well, let's call it sketchy.

Why do I care who McCain picks as VP? Because McCain is 72 years old.

No comments: