Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Not only is the house I grew up in now visible in Google Street View, but you can see the ridiculously massive addition someone stuck on it. I swear that house must have no backyard anymore.

Update: This could become addictive. In a just a few minutes, I found a tree I loved to climb when I was a kid, the church Theron and Emily's grandfather founded, my favorite kitchen store, and the cul-de-sac where I lost my virginity. Sorry, no link on that last one. You'll just have to live in the mystery.

One more: This house used to freak the shit out of me when I was a kid. We used to have to walk past it every day on the way to soccer practice, and I swear on my life there was a freaky statue of Kali or some such thing in the backyard, facing the street. To this day I have no idea what it was about, but we used to dare each other to run up and touch it. Only one kid ever did, and he grew up to be an orthopedic surgeon. Coincidence? I think not.

No comments: