Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Early morning laying in bed not sleeping kind of thoughts this morning that the actual birthing process has been kind of a black box in my thoughts. We go into the room pregnant and come out with a baby. I mean, yeah, I've done the reading. And watched the videos. But I've kind of avoided thinking about it, mostly because I know it will involve Christie being in pain, and that's sort of my kryptonite.

I'm wondering, now that it's looming closer, if I should have spent a bit more time thinking about it so it wouldn't be quite so scary, and so I'd have a bit of an easier time staying in the moment while it's going on.

Oh well. Too late now.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Just be supportive, say "yes dear" alot, and ignore any cussing - even if it might be directed at you because she doesn't really mean it. Neither one of you will remember it later anyway :)

Heather said...

Rita's right. One second after the baby is born the pain is forgotten.

This is going to be one of the greatest moment of yours and Christie's lives. Savor every moment. Take lots of pictures. :-)

Michael said...

Don't worry -- the experience of parenthood will entirely obliterate all traces of your former existence.

Karl said...

Try and remember the breathing stuff and do lots of eye contact and hand massages for Christy - otherwise go with the flow...