Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our town doesn't have Air America, our NPR station does classical music over lunch, so my lunchtime radio news choices are conservative talk radio or Democracy Now. All due respect to Amy Goodman, but if Democracy Now was a cocktail party, I'd fake a headache, go home, and watch America's Funniest Home Videos. Sometimes it's informative, but it's generally boring as hell. Also, there's a pledge drive going on.

So I end up listening to talk radio, because at least then I have schadenfreude. This is what I have learned:

1. Rush Limbaugh is very afraid, and his listeners are positively paranoid.

2. O'Reilly is mad at McCain for not taking his advice, is proud of being simple, and thinks that the solution to all our economic woes is to "get the bad guys." That's a direct quote.

3. Based on their advertisers, conservative talk radio listeners are impotent, bald tax-dodgers with lousy credit. And they have allergies.

No comments: