Friday, January 23, 2009

I got tagged by Jen Hawke, and since I never get tagged, I figured I oughta do something about it:

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.

1. I'm a foodie, and a junk food addict. I have very strong opinions about which drive-thru has better chicken sandwiches (Arby's), or whether Oreos are better than Hydrox (they are!)
2. I worry constantly, about the most unlikely things. Imagination is not my friend.
3. I twitch when I'm falling asleep.
4. I rarely initiate them, but I love hugs.
5. I believe my hair is thinning on top.
6. I'm vain about my eyes.
7. I love having sawdust in my hair.
8. I'm craving a root beer float right now for no apparent reason.
9. It doesn't matter how cold it is outside, I still want ice cream. Baskin Robbins, if at all possible.
10. I have a weakness for jackets and bags. Given unlimited wealth and space, I would have a closet full of tailored jackets and dozens of custom briefcases, portfolios, and backpacks. I think it's about the pockets.
11. Given #10, it's not surprising that I have a passion for sorting and organizing things. Which is handy, given my profession.
12. I look in windows and eavesdrop on public conversations.
13. I make up stories about people based on what's in their grocery store cart.
14. I get quiet when I'm angry.
15. I get quiet when I'm angry because I'm afraid I'm going to say or do something really hurtful.
16. I didn't tell her at the time, but one of the reasons I married Christie was because of how good a mom I knew she'd be.
17. I'm 5' 7.5", but I tell people I'm 5'8", and feel that rounding up half an inch is perfectly acceptable.
18. Reading a really good poem gives me the same feeling in the pit of my stomach as cresting a steep hill in a fast car.
19. I am a feminist, and consider our patronymic naming traditions to be sexist, but I get a little charge out of hearing my wife introduced as "Christine Terry".
20. I almost never do it, but really enjoy wrestling and other forms of what my mother called "roughhousing".
21. I'm uncomfortable with luxury. Fancy cars make me nervous, and being waited on bugs me, except in restaurants, where I don't mind being waited on, but hate being doted on.
22. Because of a food allergy, I haven't had beef or pork for years, and my mouth still waters every single time I go to the drive-up ATM by the steakhouse, or whenever I think about Gates and Son's BBQ spare ribs. In fact, my mouth is watering right now. Spare ribs and a root beer float would just about hit the spot for dinner.
23. When my daughter is sleeping, I frequently check to see if she's still breathing.
24. When my wife and daughter are napping together, I will sneak into the room and stare at them. I could do that for hours.
25. I'm not going to tag 25 people with this meme because I'm too insecure. Instead I'm going to use it as a delurking tool. If you're a blogger and you read my blog, consider yourself tagged, and put a link up in the comments.

No comments: