Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Address

I thought Obama's speech was fantastic. I watched it in the breakroom at work, and the crowd was remarkably quiet for a warehouse lunch break.

Basically, it struck me as a speech written by and for intelligent adults, and Obama did a good job of reminding us that, when the times call for it, American's are capable of extraordinary things.

I know it's only a matter of time before Obama does something to disappoint me, and I'm fine with that. Right now I'm just glad to know that reason and empiricism once again have a place of leadership in our nation.

Update: Steve Benen has a more intelligent take here. I've love to steal it and pretend I wrote it, but instead I'll just say "exactly". For those allergic to clicking through, I'll just say that he, referencing others, agrees that the theme of the inaugural address was "it's time to grow up."

No comments: