Sunday, March 01, 2009

Cabinet for Christie's Office


Well, it's done, and fits perfectly in the space.

Okay, it fits perfectly after quite a bit of tweaking. But, thanks to some happy accidents, the shelves in between the two cabinets gave me some wiggle room.

I'd guess that between the casters, the plywood, the walnut for the edgeband, and the finish, this was about a $200 piece of furniture. Not bad, for custom cabinets.

I'll admit, there are some things I don't like about it, but I'll let those be my secret. Things I do like include the space for the fridge, which has exactly the same reveal on all four sides, and the L-shaped compartment on the right, impractical as it may be. I really like the walnut edging, too. It's got a really nice grain to it, and the piece of plywood I used for the countertop has good chatoyance.

For the in-progress shots, see here.

No comments: