Monday, March 02, 2009

Lance has a nice rant up about the alternative history Republicans. The only thing I would add is that these Republicans who are saying, "I'm not sure if Obama's policies are wrong, but I hope he fails so we can take advantage of it" are completely and totally backwards. If they really cared about their country and their countrymen, they'd be saying, "I believe these policies are a mistake, but I hope for the sake of the country that I'm wrong."

Of course, that's precisely what some of them said, until Limbaugh leapt in to steer the ship. Now, granted, a lot of that choice is more about personal cowardice than a belief that Limbaugh is right on the merits. Limbaugh's got a big pulpit, and several hours a day to rant about the first Republican politician to cross him. And the second. Etc.

But it was Limbaugh who said this weekend that "One thing we can all do is stop assuming that the way to beat them is with better policy ideas." Limbaugh's been very clear that he doesn't give a rat's ass about what's good for the country; he just wants power.

This is the person Republicans are choosing to follow.

No comments: