Thursday, March 19, 2009

What the hell do you call this thing?

First off, I apologize for the crappy camera phone picture. Secondly, what the hell do you call this thing? It's a small piece of metal that was driven into the mitered corners of all the door moldings in our house, holding the joint together. I'm getting ready to rehang the molding, and I'm reusing quite a few of these, but I foolishly didn't save them all (actually, they're probably in my iron (s)crap bucket, but I don't want to dig for them). The local hardware stores have been a wash so far, so I'm hoping somebody out there can tell me what this thing is called so I can take the search further.

Notice the ridges at the side, and the slight flare at the back, which helps hold the outside corner of the miter joint together. Anybody got any ideas?

1 comment:

Rita said...

a re-fashioned biscuit?