Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Medical experiments for the lot of you, I'm afraid

Once again, my deplorable habit of listening to right wing talk radio means I got to have a sighting of crazy in its natural habitat. In this case, it's the completely insane idea that the Obama healthcare plan is going to force euthanasia on the elderly.

If you're looking for evidence of the complete bankruptcy of the modern conservative political power structure, I don't think you could find a better example. And it's not just talk radio. Republicans are talking about it on the floor of the House, if not the Senate.

There are two things about this that bother me:

The first is that nobody seems to have said, "Wait, we're saying that the Democrats want to kill their grandparents?" That's over the line of credulity, not to mention decency.

The second is that this line of attack is, basically, "If we put the elderly on government healthcare, they're all going to die." Something about that seems flawed, but I can't quite put my finger on what.

No comments: