Friday, January 08, 2010

Funny vignette

There's a house near the entrance to my neighborhood that clearly has a number of adult children living at home judging by the number of cars that park there, and the ages of the people who use them. When I went home last night, I noticed two cars park on the street there. One was clean, and the driver had clearly just gotten home. The other was completely buried on all sides with snow, up to the roof, as if the snowplow just missed it, and whoever shoveled their drive went out of their way to aim the snowblower their way.

This morning, on my way to work, I noticed a young man grimly digging his car out from under that pile, and he was carefully packing the snow from his car all around and over his sibling's previously pristine car.

1 comment:

Grumpy Old Ken said...

Interesting! American politics are so far away from us we have difficulty comprehending. Mind you, we have enough problems with our own!