Monday, March 29, 2010

Kid bookshelves


Kid bookshelves
Originally uploaded by Litcritter
Years ago, I was at the National Art Gallery in DC, and happened across an art student copying one of the old masters. I feel like that's where I'm at in my woodworking practice, except I'm copying new masters instead of old. In fact, I've got a huge folder in Evernote filled entirely with things that I would someday like to build.

Part of me knows that that is a key part of the design process, but I'm still ambivalent about it. So I'm giving credit. This is a pretty common form, but the particular inspiration for this was a piece by Inai Inai Ba! that he sells on his Etsy store (his is so much better than mine, naturally). But I recommend finding him on Facebook to see some of his other work, because he's doing some very cool stuff.

No comments: