Her: We could get a sitter and go see True Grit.
Me: If we're going to get a sitter, I'd rather do something we both want to do.
Her: I do want to see it.
Me: But you don't like westerns.
Me: Or Coen brothers movies.
Me: Or Jeff Bridges.
Her: Well, yeah.
Friday, December 03, 2010
Christie and I have been married for 6 years now. This was an odd year in that our actual anniversary fell on the same day we celebrate it, which is the day after Thanksgiving. If you have the opportunity to get married the day after Thanksgiving, I highly recommend it for the following reasons:
- You don't need to serve much food, as everyone had a giant feast the day before.
- Often, the family is already all in one place.
- November is a very comfortable time to be wearing a suit, and fall leaves make a nice backdrop for pictures.
- Procrastinators can pick you up a gift at a Black Friday sale on the way to the wedding.
- Finally, it's easy to remember your anniversary. Basically, if I'm eating turkey and stuffing, and there's no trash bag full of gift wrap in the corner, then tomorrow is my anniversary.