Friday, February 11, 2011

I find your surplus of faith disturbing

It kind of scares me when my wife demonstrates complete and total faith in my ability to fix some thing or another.  A not even slightly exaggerated example:

"Christie, there's a portal to a dark dimension in the basement, and I can hear Matthew McConaughey's voice coming out of it."

"Well, I'm sure you'll figure out how to fix it.  Have you looked it up online?"

Seriously.  Happens all the time.  Well, at least now I see where she gets it.  My mother in law is staying with us to help with the new baby, and she's been picking our daughter up from daycare.  I'm not sure exactly what they talk about in the car, but this is the conversation I had with my 2 and a half year old daughter this morning when the sun was in her eyes:

"Too bright!  The sun is too bright.  It's a problem!  Grandpa will come from Louisiana and fix it.  He fixes problems.  The sun is too bright and Grandpa will fix it."

"Grandpa will fix the sun?"

"Yes.  He has tools!"

1 comment:

blue girl said...

Congratulations on the new baby!